Saturviit Women’s Association of Nunavik is a regional non-profit organization that represents the interests of
Nunavik women. The organization works towards positive change in social and economic conditions affecting Inuit
women. It does this through advocacy, representation, support for community projects, by undertaking and partnering
on regional initiatives. We are funded through a number of contribution sources. Visit www.saturviit.ca to find out
more about Saturviit and its activities.
The association is looking to create more opportunities with respect to jobs, training programs, projects and more
activities within the communities it represents and to expand Saturviit to reach more women and children of
Nunavik. Reporting to the Finance and Administration Manager, the Human Resources Coordinator will ensure the
successful delivery of quality, responsive human resources support to the Executive Director and organizational staff
in areas of recruitment, selection, on-boarding and staff engagement.
• Work with the Executive Director to develop and/or update the Human Resources Policy manual;
• Develop strategies to build internal capacity and organizational capability including identifying staff potential;
• Develop and manage succession planning strategy;
• Support staff recruitment and selection processes;
• Develop and facilitate effective onboarding programs to ensure staff integration and long-term retention;
• Coordination of staff, administrative and records maintenance.
• Post-secondary education in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or previous experience
working in human resources;
• Fluent in English and Inuktitut (knowledge of French will be considered an asset)
• Working knowledge or Provincial employment legislation and standards;
• Demonstrated strong collaboration, problem solving and interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
• Strong attention to detail and commitment to process improvement;
• High level of diplomacy and demonstrated ability to handle sensitive, confidential situations and information.
Place of Work: Remote
Salary: Depending on qualification and experience Benefits:
Travel Benefits: fixed amount per employee (flexible usage)
Isolation Premium (amount depending on location and dependents)
Vacation: Starting at 4 weeks (20 days) + 2 weeks Christmas vacation
Please send your cover letter, resume and three (3) references to:
Saturviit Inuit Women’s Association