Saturviit Women’s Association of Nunavik is a regional non-profit organization that represents the interests of Nunavik women. The organization works towards positive change in social and economic conditions affecting Inuit women. It does this through advocacy, representation, support for community projects, by undertaking and partnering on regional initiatives.
We are funded through a number of contribution sources. Visit www.saturviit.ca to find out more about Saturviit and its activities.
The association is looking to create more opportunities with respect to jobs, training programs, projects and more activities within the communities it represents and to expand Saturviit to reach more women and children of Nunavik. Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Executive Assistant plays a leading role to ensure effective organizational operation, to develop and improve administrative processes and ensure the adequate flow of information throughout the organization.
• Supports operations by maintaining office operational systems and supervising staff;
• Keep up-to-date with operations, procedures, preparing payroll, designing file systems, reviewing and approving
office supply needs and monitoring clerical functions;
• Defines procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal of records;
• Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures, measuring results against
standards and making necessary adjustments;
• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results;
• Keeps management up-to-date with reports and funding applications;
• Work with the Executive Director and HR to ensure staff orientation, training, coaching, counseling and
disciplinary actions as and when required;
• Planning, monitoring and appraising job results;
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and
initiating corrective actions
• Drafts funding applications, write reports, and prepares the annual report;
• Prepares Board meetings by collecting agenda items and minute taking during meetings.
• Ability to manage processes;
• Tracking budget expenses;
• Communication and reporting skills;
• Supply Management.
Place of Work: Remote
Salary: Depending on qualification and experience
Benefits: Travel Benefits: fixed amount per employee (flexible usage)
Isolation Premium (amount depending on location and dependents)
Vacation: Starting at 4 weeks (20 days) 2 weeks Christmas vacation
Please send your cover letter, resume and three (3) references to:
Saturviit Inuit Women’s Association