Saturviit Women’s Association of Nunavik is a regional non-profit organization that represents the interests of Nunavik women. The organization works towards positive change in social and economic conditions affecting Inuit women. It does this through advocacy, representation, and support for community projects, by undertaking and partnering on regional initiatives. We are funded through a number of contribution sources. Visit www.saturviit.ca to find out more about Saturviit and its activities.
The association is looking to create more opportunities in jobs, training, projects and more activities within the communities it represents and expand Saturviit to reach more women and children of Nunavik.
- Supports associations' operations by maintaining office operational systems and
- supervising staff.
- Maintains office organization remotely from home office by keeping tabs on operations and procedures, preparing payroll, controlling correspondence, designing file systems, reviewing and approving office supply needs and monitoring clerical functions.
- Provides historical references by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer and disposal of records.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures, measuring results against standards, and making necessary adjustments.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Keeps management up to date with reports and funding applications reports.
- Maintains office staff by recreating, selecting, orienting, and training employees with the executive director.
- Maintains office staff job results by coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees, and planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Drafts funding applications, write reports and prepares the annual report.
- Prepares board meetings by collecting agenda items and minute taking during meetings.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Managing processes
- Tracking budget expenses
- Communication skills
- Reporting skills
- Supply management
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two to three years of management experience in an office setting
- Proficient with Microsoft office software system
Send your resume, cover letter, contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted until a suitable candidate is found